If you have decided to visit Glasgow's SECC by car, but are staying in a nearby hotel, we here at Hotels.tv thought it would be useful to let you know which hotels have their own car park, or have access to a nearby car park. So, taking each hotel in order of nearest to the SECC, here's your Quick SECC Hotel Car Park Guide:
(1) Crowne Plaza, Congress Road, G3 8QT. This hotel has 300 parking spaces, costing £5.00 per day (£6.00 per day for valet parking).
(2) The Campanile Hotel, 10 Tunnel Street, G3 8HL. This hotel has limited free parking on site. It would be advisible to call ahead to check availability on event days/nights.
(3) The Hilton Garden Inn, Finnieston Quay, G3 8HN. There is ample parking on site costing £5.00 per day.
(4) The Lorne Hotel, 923 Sauchiehall Street, G3 7TQ. This hotel has no on-site car parking, but outside there is parking on the road at metres. Free parking is available just off Argyle Street (neaby) but it can be difficult to find a space at times. Parking at a metre will cost 10p for the first 30 minutes and a further 10p for every 10 minutes up to a maximum of 3 hours (£1.60). All parking at metres is free daily between 18:00 and 08:00, and all day at weekends.
(5) Smiths Hotel, 963 Sauchiehall Street, G3 7TQ. Again no parking on site, and has the same options as The Lorne.
(6) The Argyle Hotel and Argyle Guest House, 973 and 969/70 Sauchiehall Street, G3 7TQ. As for Smiths Hotel - no onsite parking.
(7) The Devoncove Hotel, 973 Sauchiehall Street, G3 7TQ. This hotel offers free onsite parking that is monitored by 24 hour CCTV. Spaces are limited though, and they operate a "first-come, first-served" policy. If full, the on-street options are the same as The Lorne.
(8) The Kelvingrove Hotel, 944 Sauchiehall Street, G3 7TH. This hotel has no on-site parking , but as with the other hotels, the on-street options are available.
(9) The Sandyford Hotel, 904 Sauchiehall Street, G3 7TF. Again no on-site parking but on-street parking is available as before.